Tuesday, January 7, 2014

About Smoking Cessation: Settling in with Your Quit Program

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Smoking Cessation

Health Risks

How to Quit

After Quitting



There is no doubt that smoking cessation is a challenge for nearly everyone, especially early on.  That said, there are tactics we can use to defeat those junkie thoughts rolling through our minds once we quit, and that is what this week's newsletter is about. 

Arm yourself with knowledge and make 2014 the year you defeat nicotine for good.

Have a grateful week, all.


5 Minute Craving Busters
The first days of smoking cessation can feel like one long, nonstop craving to smoke. Pay close attention though, and you'll notice that most cigarette cravings last 3-5 minutes. They start off strong, and decrease gradually until they're gone.

After The Last Cigarette
There is nothing nicer than reading about the positive effects of smoking cessation on your body once you've quit. The benefits start just 20 minutes after the last cigarette and continue for years.

Desperate to Smoke - Desperate to Quit
From Lesly: "Three years ago I was a desperate woman. I was desperate to quit smoking – I was desperate to smoke. I was sick to death of smoking – I loved to smoke. I hated how I smelled – I loved the smell of my smokes. I hated the burn holes, fears, sickness – I loved the rituals."

4 Steps to Defeat the Urge to Smoke
When you know how to read the deeper meaning of the smoking urges you're having, you'll be able to respond with healthier choices. That, in turn, will help you reprogram your brain away from smoking over time.


Related Searches
Featured Articles
How Smoking Affects Your Health
Teen Smoking - Information for Teens and Their Families
The Dangers of Secondhand Smoke
Tobacco Related Disease Pictures
Tobacco Research and Reform - Information and Resources
Cigars, Pipes and Smokeless Tobacco

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Terry Martin
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Smoking Cessation newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 


Current Forum Discussions
Welcome January Ex-Smokers
One Year Free - I Did It! - Michelle's Story
Bev's 365 Day Challenge
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment