Tuesday, January 21, 2014

About Smoking Cessation: Forum News

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Smoking Cessation

Health Risks

How to Quit

After Quitting



It's been quite awhile since we've devoted an entire newsletter for forum happenings. 

Fix a cup of tea, settle in and grab some inspiration.

Have a great week, everyone.


Two Years Ago...

From Lisa:

"To all the new Ex smokers!!!

"As I read through your posts it reminds me of me 2 years years ago. I can remember the fear of just getting through the day. The constant battle to stay smoke free. The time I spent in tears and didn't even know why I was crying. And to add to it all the lack of sleep. And then there was always the big questions is this how I am going to be the rest of my life? Is this worth it ?  Is it ever going to get better? I can't tell you how many times I asked these. I was you 2 years ago."


7 Months - This is Serious

From Viv (viv_wanttodo):

"For some reason (past recall I think) month 7 has been a bit difficult.  QUITTING gives you the awareness...how do you get to 7.....you get to 6 and then become very vigilant."


One Year Today
From Dublindude: 

"I stubbed out my last cigarette at approx  17.00 on Jan 16th 2013 and began yet another quit attempt which if I’m honest I expected to last no longer that a few weeks, perhaps slightly more but just another vain attempt which would be doomed to failure as my previous one’s had been because I thought I loved smoking!"


Rick's Recovery from Relapse - Quit Journal
Started back in June of 2013, Rick's quit journal is full of thoughtful posts about the ups and downs that inevitably come with the first year of smoking cessation.


Related Searches
Featured Articles
How Smoking Affects Your Health
Teen Smoking - Information for Teens and Their Families
The Dangers of Secondhand Smoke
Tobacco Related Disease Pictures
Tobacco Research and Reform - Information and Resources
Cigars, Pipes and Smokeless Tobacco

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Terry Martin
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Smoking Cessation newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 


More Forum Discussions:
Welcome January Ex-Smokers
Homework for the Newly Quit
Bev's 365 Day Challenge - Quit Journal
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment