Tuesday, March 25, 2014

About Smoking Cessation: Quit Stories!

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Smoking Cessation

Health Risks

How to Quit

After Quitting



From Terry Martin, your Guide to Smoking Cessation

When I quit smoking, the quit stories of those who had overcome nicotine addiction successfully appealed to more than anything else.  About.com Smoking Cessation has hundreds of these stories in the permanent library, with more being added often.

This week's newsletter highlights some you may have not seen.  Settle in with a cup of tea and get inspired!

Have a great week, all.

The Freedom is Incredible
From Kathy: "I loved smoking from the very first drag. No coughing, no "learning how" for me. I quickly worked my way up to at least a pack a day from then until Dec. 1, 2011 when I finally quit. I thought of quitting at various times during those 40 years...I'd tell myself I'd quit at 35, 40, definitely when I hit 50! Those ages came and went and I still smoked. I smoked through 3 pregnancies, and I smoked through my dad's death from lung cancer."

All That I Learned in One Year
From Jen: "Care for yourself. The single best piece of advice given to me was "Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend who is trying to achieve something important." Eat well, get lots of rest, take a hot bath, meditate, read a book, take a walk. Do things that nourish your soul."

Practice Makes Perfect
From Ellen:  "I smoked for many years, telling myself and anyone who would listen that it was not a problem for me, that I could quit any time. I just didn’t choose to quit, and to a large extent that was true. It wasn't until my late 30's that I began to realize how difficult it was to quit smoking. I became a perpetual quitter."

Two Years Ago, Cigarettes Were My Best Friend
From Lesly: "Two years ago, I was a smoker. My cigarettes were my best friend and most constant companion. I could not walk from one room to the next without my cigarette pack and lighter firmly gripped in my hand. I could not sleep through the night without getting up and spending time with my "best buddy". "


Related Searches
Featured Articles
What a Difference a Year Can Make
Never Give Up Giving Up
I Once Was Stuck, But Now Am Free
Overcoming the Obstacles
Go Open Some Doors, People
A Year of Living Gratefully

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Terry Martin
Smoking Cessation Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Smoking Cessation newsletter. If you wish to change your email address, please click here. If you would like to unsubscribe from all newsletters sent from About.com, please send an email to optout@about.com with "Unsubscribe" as the subject line.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2014 About.com
 


More Quit Stories
I Will Never Smoke Again
From Misery to Victory
Changes at a Year Smoke-Free
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment