Tuesday, March 18, 2014

About Smoking Cessation: Forum News and a New Quit Story

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Smoking Cessation

Health Risks

How to Quit

After Quitting



From Terry Martin, your Guide to Smoking Cessation

Forum member Sally (ID: Besdais) recently reached a year smoke-free.  Her milestone message is a good one and is our spotlight feature this week.  Thanks, Sally!

It's been a long, cold winter for a lot of folks in the U.S., but spring is right around the corner.  If you're still smoking, why not resolve to put nicotine addiction behind you along with the cold weather and face the change of seasons with a new sense of smell (and confidence!)

Have a great week, everyone.  Make it count.

 

It Takes a Village
From Sally: 

"365 Days.  I never believed this moment would happen, but, here it is.   

"When I decided (yet AGAIN) to quit, I thought I’d write a list of reasons to quit smoking.  I was sick of smoking.  I hated it, and I felt like I was done.  I finally had the correct mind-set, and was willing to give the quit some time, not just fall back when things got a bit bumpy."


A Fresh Start
Here in the U.S., Spring is getting underway - a time that signals renewal and growth. If you're still smoking, let this change of seasons be your signal to shift from thoughts of quitting to the action it takes to shed nicotine addiction for good.

Adam's Journal - Time to Stop

From Adam (ID: ready2stop):

"I quit much sooner than my scheduled date, which would have coincided with a meditation retreat in June of this year. It dawned on me that I didn't have to wait so long to do this, and I decided I'd to do quit on the evening of March 07, 2014."

 


One Month - Thank YOU!

From Lola (ID: Lolalanone):

"Like most of us this is not my first quit.  I quit each time I was expecting a child and lit up as soon as I got home with my bundle of joy(s).  I quit once for almost two years only to light up when a "stress" reared it's ugly head and take my word for it, it wasn't that ugly of a stress."



Related Searches
Featured Articles
How Smoking Affects Your Health
Teen Smoking - Information for Teens and Their Families
The Dangers of Secondhand Smoke
Tobacco Related Disease Pictures
Tobacco Research and Reform - Information and Resources
Cigars, Pipes and Smokeless Tobacco

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Terry Martin
Smoking Cessation Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Smoking Cessation newsletter. If you wish to change your email address, please click here. If you would like to unsubscribe from all newsletters sent from About.com, please send an email to optout@about.com with "Unsubscribe" as the subject line.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2014 About.com
 


More Forum Discussions
Welcome March Ex-Smokers
Tips to Get Through Craves
When do You Stop Rewarding Yourself for Quitting?
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment