Tuesday, December 3, 2013

About Smoking Cessation: Smoke-Free Holidays

If you can't see this email, click here

About

Smoking Cessation

Health Risks

How to Quit

After Quitting



From Terry Martin, your Guide to Smoking Cessation

 For those of us  working our way through our first smoke free holiday season, the challenges can seem daunting. We drink more, eat more and socialize more, all of which can trigger the urge to smoke.

This week's newsletter points you to information that will help you develop a plan to manage the holidays and keep your quit program intact.

Take it one day at a time and you'll find that you can overcome (and reprogram) the triggers that come with this time of year.

Have a great week, all.


20 Tips for Managing Holiday Stress
The holiday season is a stressful time of year for most people and stress is one of the biggest triggers for those of us who have quit smoking. Use these quick tips to help you manage holiday stress smoke-free.

Your First Smoke-Free Holiday Season
Recovery from nicotine addiction is a process, and part of that involves learning how to negotiate the special occasions in our lives smoke-free. With a bit of knowledge about the challenges we might encounter, we can develop strategies to navigate this special time of year smoke-free.

Smoke-Free Holiday Parties
A reader asks: "I quit smoking a month ago. I'll be going to a couple of holiday parties this month where there will be alcohol and I'm scared to death that I'll smoke when I drink. Smoking and drinking go hand-in-hand for me. What can I do to make sure I don't end up smoking at the parties I attend this year?"
Search Related Topics:  quit smoking tips  holiday stress  holiday help

About to Quit - Help!! - Forum Discussion
Hi I THINK I'm about to begin or BEGIN AGAIN the journey to quitting smoking. I have had 1/2 of a cig today and some puffs on my e-cig. I am 51 yrs old and have smoked for a long time...


Related Searches
Featured Articles
How Smoking Affects Your Health
Teen Smoking - Information for Teens and Their Families
The Dangers of Secondhand Smoke
Tobacco Related Disease Pictures
Tobacco Research and Reform - Information and Resources
Cigars, Pipes and Smokeless Tobacco

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




This newsletter is written by:
Terry Martin
Smoking Cessation Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Smoking Cessation newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 


Must Reads
Quit Aids
20 Holiday Stress Tips
Smoke-Free Holiday Party Tips
10 Things to Avoid When You Quit
Your First Smoke-Free Holiday Season
 
Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment